power point of specific culture
The purpose of the project is for you to better understand the food habits, choices, and behaviors of a Hinduism culture. Hinduism/Hindu research the culture, and present your findings to the class in a PowerPoint format. The cultural group will be defined in that they share a common food or diet.
– A minimum of five references must be used and cited.
Presentations must address the following: Hinduism/Hindu culture
· What is the culture/everyday life like?
· What is the geographic region and language?
· What is the major religion?
· What foods does the group eat?
· What herbs or spices are commonly found in this culture’s foods?
· What are the most popular dishes?
· Who usually prepares the meals?
· What special cooking techniques are used?
· From where are the ingredients obtained?
· How much do groceries cost?
· What outside influences are evident on food intake?
· What are the healthiest foods represented in this culture? Why?
· What are the symbolic meanings of the food?
· What health problems does this culture commonly experience? Why?
· What is the average life span of this culture? Why?