persuasive essay final draft
*****Assignment due in 9 hours****
I HAVE ATTACHED THE ORIGINAL PAPER TO DO THE FINAL DRAFT ON
This assignment calls for you to revise your Persuasive Essay from week six into a final draft. All good writers revise their work, often multiple times. Revising isn’t just looking for grammatical errors; editing alone is not revision (though we do want you to edit too). Revision literally means to “see again.” In the revision process, you improve your analytical skills, sometimes challenging your own ideas which can serve to deepen your argument.
Review the feedback your instructor provided on your rough draft as well as the information from the peer review in week seven. As you begin revising your paper, be sure to consider the following:
· Did I fulfill the assignment criteria?
· Did I say what I intended to say?
· Do I have a two-sided topic?
· Is my thesis persuasive in nature?
· Do all my paragraphs serve to support my thesis?
· Is my argument convincing, my support logical, my evidence sufficient?
· Does my conclusion sum up the essay?
The final draft of your essay should contain the same basic features as the rough draft:
· A well-defined issue that is controversial by nature
· A clear thesis statement that demonstrates the position you will be taking throughout the essay
· A counter argument with at least one credible source defending the opposing viewpoint
· A refutation to or compromise with the counter argument
· typed in Times New Roman, 12pt. font, double-spaced, with one inch margins
· Written primarily in third person
· Edited for spelling, mechanical, grammatical, and typing errors