4 page essay
Should marijuana be removed from pre-employment drug screening?
Employers are facing a conundrum. Should they stop testing applicants for marijuana use now that more states have legalized it for medicinal or recreational purposes and popular acceptance of the substance has spread?
Twenty-eight states and the District of Columbia have legalized medical marijuana. Eight of those states (Alaska, California, Colorado, Maine, Massachusetts, Nevada, Oregon, Washington) and the District of Columbia have also legalized marijuana for recreational use.
But the drug remains illegal under federal law, and employers have the right to test for it, even in states where the substance is legal. Not only does federal law conflict with some states’ laws, but state laws also vary, sometimes significantly, challenging multistate employers.
Please read the full article attached and answer the following questions:
– Alternative Formats
1. Should marijuana be removed from pre-employment drug screening? Discuss some of the reasons for and against and give your opinion.
2. Can an employee be terminated for testing positive for marijuana, despite have a medical prescription?
3. What are the financial implications for a company with and without a policy? provide a recent case to support your position.
4. Research and discuss how some states are responding to changing views regarding marijuana. How is employment law in Florida responding?
5. Discuss, research and attach a case to support you points.
Write a paper of 3-4 pages in length, not counting the title and reference pages, which you must include.
Copy and paste each one of the Questions into your paper in bold type to ensure you have answered each of the Assignment Requirements.
Use terms, evidence, and concepts from class readings, including professional business language.
Cite at least 3 credible, academic or professional sources for this assignment, outside of the textbook. Format your paper according to APA format